For those surgeons not yet eligible or still deciding upon full Active Membership in The Aesthetic Society, the Candidate for Membership Program offers amazing discounts and benefits as you chart your course for full Active Member status.
Participation in The Aesthetic Society’s Candidate for Membership Program is limited to five years. Candidates who meet Active Membership requirements are encouraged to apply for International Active Membership.
Candidate for Membership Requirements — International
- Complete the International Candidate for Membership Application
- Provide verification of membership in a national member society as recognized by the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS), or International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).
- Attendance at The Aesthetic Meeting or a meeting exclusively organized and managed by The Aesthetic Society within 4 years prior to application date.
- Provide verification of accreditation for any surgical facilities that are used.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your plastic surgery residency program director (does not need to be ASAPS Member) OR an ASAPS Active Member/International Active Member/Life Member.
- Agree to abide by the Society’s Bylaws, Conflict of Interest Policy, and Code of Ethics.
Candidate for International Candidate for Membership Programs — Benefits
- NEW – Print and online subscription to the Aesthetic Surgery Journal (ASJ)
- Access to ASJ via RADAR Resource www.surgery.org/radar
- Subscription to the Aesthetic Society News
- NEW – Free legal advice from ASAPS legal counsel
- NEW – Promote yourself as an ASAPS “Candidate for Membership” or “international Candidate for Membership” on your website and marketing materials
- Access to the Society’s Online Clinical Education Library, CME, and Shopping Cart
- Discounts offering significant savings on Aesthetic Society products, for which Candidates for Membership are eligible
- Complimentary webinars
- INCREASED SAVINGS – Significant discount on Guest Surgeon registration for The Aesthetic Society’s annual Aesthetic Meeting and symposia
- Opportunity to serve on The Aesthetic Society’s committees
Frequently Asked Questions and Fee Schedule
Click here to view FAQ’s regarding the International Candidate for Membership Programs